About door and window fittings
Door fittings are usually a "by-product" of the doors, as a rule a corresponding set of historical fittings is also required for a historical door. In the field of fittings it is also quite easy to acquire genuine and functioning antiques.
Hinges or locks from the 17th century are not uncommon, the 18th century is widely represented and the range of materials from the 19th and 20th centuries is very large.
In the field of window fittings, it is often the case that old fittings are desired for new windows. As a rule, this purpose can be achieved with a manageable amount of extra work, but it makes sense to clarify this in advance.
Typical components and keywords for door and window hardware
- Open locks, box locks, mortise locks
- S-band, scoop band, long band, angle band, fitting band
- Door handle, lever handle, door plate, long plate, short plate, rosette, handle
- Door knob, pull handle, swing door handle, sliding door shell
- Window olive, window handle
- Bascule fastener/push-rod fastener, Espagnolette fastener/rotary bar fastener
- Window rudder, sash fastener, double sash fastener, sash fastener, reamer, friction wire